A lot of the posts say trite statements like “because I don’t hate men,” “because I believe in equality,” etc.
Well all these women clearly have never looked up the word feminism in the dictionary.
Let’s get some facts straight.
1. Feminism is not anti-men. In fact, many men have joined the movement because they believe that women deserve the same privileges as they do.
2. Feminism does not victimize women; it empowers them. By encouraging women to gather the courage to demand equal pay, stand up against the patriarchy, and challenge rape culture, feminism does everything but weaken the strength of women.
3. Feminism is not about female supremacy. All that feminists ask for is that women be EQUAL to men, not above them.
4. Feminism does not aim to oppress men. Sorry not sorry that I keep repeating myself, but all these tumblr posts talk about how feminism tears men down and the women who submit to the blog need to know that’s NOT what feminism is about.
5. And most importantly, here’s Google Dictionary’s definition of feminism: “the advocacy of women’s rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men.” Maybe I’m dumb, but that doesn’t sound like men-hating, inequality, and female supremacy to me.
It’s time to challenge the stereotypes against feminism. Feminists are not men-hating, bra burning, female supremacists. We believe in equality and female empowerment. When I put it like that, it doesn’t sound as radical, right?
Cats like to challenge societal rules too. Roxy knows she’s allowed on the barstool and not the counter. Roxy also likes to test her limits.