I’ve been nominated for TWO Liebster Awards!!
For those of you who don’t know what a Liebster Award is, it’s an award passed around the blogging community for new bloggers, or blogs with less than 200 followers. It’s supposed to welcome new bloggers to the blogging community and add traffic to your blog. If you get it, you need to nominate fellow blogs with less than 200 followers for the prize.
Here are the rules:
- Post 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions provided by the person who nominated you and then create an 11-question set for the next group of nominees.
- Choose up to 11 (or more or less depends on the rules you follow) bloggers to nominate and link them in the post!
- Let your nominees know that they’ve been tagged and no tag-backs!
- Only nominate blogs with under 200 followers.
So let’s get started!
11 Random Facts about Me
- I’ve done theatre since I was eight. My dream stage role(s) is Velma Kelly or Roxie Hart from Chicago. Even though I look more like Velma, I think I would be more fit to play Roxie (that’s what wigs are for, right?). But Roxie doesn’t get to be in Cell Block Tango and that is the BEST musical theatre number ever made.
- My favorite colors are yellow and purple but NOT together. They look horrible together.
- I am OBSESSED with Green Day. They are the first concert I ever saw. I have seen them three times total, as well as saw Billie Joe Armstrong play St. Jimmy in American Idiot the Musical on Broadway. No one puts on a better show than Green Day.
- I have generalized anxiety disorder. It runs in my family and at times, it can make it very hard for me to do general tasks. I shared my story through Steve Rosenfield’s What I Be project. Check it out here.
- Lil Bub is my hero. She’s just so cute and I love how she’s a spokeskitty for special needs animals!
- You all know that I love cats. But did you know that when I was three I once punched a dog in the face? I guess that I’ve always been a cat person. 🙂
- I studied ballet for fourteen years of my life. Since my first lesson at age four, it was my dream to go en pointe. Unfortunately in eighth grade I realized that I would never be able to because my right foot is bow-legged and doesn’t have enough strength or flexibility. It was devastating but had it not happened, I wouldn’t have discovered my passion for social justice.
- My favorite Disney princess is Cinderella. Most people think she is boring and old-fashioned, but I have always loved her. Her optimism always inspired me and Gus Gus and all the other mice are just soooo cute!!
- I have an unexplained, irrational fear of certain organized patterns. I know it sounds crazy, but seed pods on leaves in perfect straight lines TERRIFY me.
- I am HORRIBLE at crafting. Ask my little sister in my sorority. Everything I tried to craft for big-little week fell apart and looked like it was made by a two-year-old. But a two-year-old probably would be better at crafting than me.
- I have a not-so-secret plan B for my life that I not-so-secretly want to be my plan A and that is to be a performer in Disney World. I would love to play Claire de Lune in the Hoop-De-Doo Musical Revue at the Front Wilderness Resort. Check out this video of some of her best scenes!
Answers to Kasey’s Questions
- Besides the main social networking sites, what other tools do you use for blogging? I’m a member of a bunch of blogging networks, including the Her Campus Blogger Network, Blog Life Chose Me, and 20-Something Bloggers. Networks are great places to learn tips and tricks to improve your blog and to make professional connections!
- Do you believe anything that is supernatural, like ghosts or Bigfoot? I can’t say I believe in Bigfoot but ghosts are TOTALLY real. The law of energy (energy cannot be created or destroyed) makes me think that a person’s spirit must survive after death.
- What’s your favorite book or movie or tv show? Pride and Prejudice is my favorite book. And as far as movie and TV show, I love any movie or television adaptation of Jane Austen’s novels or her life.
- What is the song that makes you dance whenever it comes on? “Basket Case” by Green Day. It’s just sooo catchy and always makes me smile.
- Did you have a nickname when you were growing up? If so what was it? I have a nickname that has stayed with me for my whole life and it is Corn. I guess that Corinne sounds like Corn to some people. Don’t ask me why…
- How do you get rid of writer’s block? Since I write about feminism, I only have writer’s block if I can’t think of a topic to write about. To curb it, I browse some of my favorite feminist news sites (Jezebel, Bustle, and Feministing to name a few) to help me find a feminist topic or news event to write about.
- Coffee or Tea? TEA. Coffee is gross and the caffeine always makes me feel jumpy and anxious. Tea soothes the throat and comes in so many yummy flavors. 🙂
- Would you rather spend have a vacation at a beach or in the mountains? The beach. I don’t do well with physical activity, but I’m very good at reading a book by the shore!
- What’s your favorite color? Like I said before, I love yellow and purple but NOT together. If something has those two colors together, it looks like the Easter Bunny threw up on it. #lesbihonest
- What’s your favorite app and or video game? I’ve never owned any video gaming system, but I am obsessed with all those King games. I just love those sagas: Candy Crush, Pet Rescue, Bubble Witch, Papa Pear…if King makes it, I play it! I should do a sponsored post for them. Hit me up, King!
- If we lived in a society where people carrying weapons was a normal everyday occurrence, think Role Playing Games, what kind of weapon would you wield? Dragons.
Answers to Zoe’s Questions
- What is your favorite article of clothing that you own? I recently bought a pair of pleather shorts and I am IN LOVE with them.
- What is your favorite blog/ Who is your favorite blogger? Leandra Medine from the Man Repeller. I’m not usually into fashion blogs, but I love how she mixes feminism with fashion. Also, she’s pretty freaking hilarious.
- If you could learn any language, what language would you learn and why? German. I don’t think it’s a pretty language but I would love to live in Austria. I visited Vienna for a week in high school and absolutely loved it. I need to go back!
- What is your greatest passion? Social justice, especially women’s rights. Big surprise, I know. 😉
- What do you wish you had more time for? Reading. There are SO many books on my shelf that I haven’t had a chance to read yet as well as an entire list of books I don’t own that I want to read. Once I’m done with this college thing in December I plan on making my way through that shelf!
- Facebook or twitter? Facebook for communicating with friends and family and Twitter for communicating with other activists and for growing my personal brand.
- What is your favorite animal? Hmmm this is a tough one…CATS!!
- What is your favorite quote? “Listen to the people who love you. Believe that they are worth living for even when you don’t believe it. Seek out the memories depression takes away and project them into the future. Be brave; be strong; take your pills. Exercise because it’s good for you even if every step weighs a thousand pounds. Eat when food itself disgusts you. Reason with yourself when you have lost your reason.” – Andrew Solomon
- What is your favorite flower? Sunflowers!
- Pandora or Spotify? Spotify, OBVIOUSLY. You can’t choose what to play on Pandora and Spotify has its own version of Pandora too.
- If money wasn’t an object, what would you do for the rest of your life? Be the next Rachel Maddow. Hopefully hard work will take me there!
Sierra from Terminal Happiness
Olivia from Uniquely College
Daisy from Simplicity Relished
Jessica from Beyoutiful Beauty
Alissa from The Wallflower Secrets
Questions For My Nominees
- Why did you decide to start blogging?
- What do you hope to accomplish with your blog?
- If you could only eat only one food prepared the same way for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Cats or dogs?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- What was your dream job when you were a kid?
- Who is your favorite Disney princess?
- What’s your favorite band?
- Do you use Tinder? Be honest!!
- Who inspires you?
- And finally, the most important question: What’s your favorite DCOM movie? This question is EXTREMELY important. 😉
So thanks again to Kasey and Zoe for nominating me and good luck to Sierra, Olivia, Daisy, and Jessica!
Speaking of random facts, want to know a random fact about cats? Sometimes they like to sit like humans.